Monday 12 September 2011

Making jewellery

The weather here was awful today, wet, windy and cold!  I think summer is officially over, the wellies and winter coats are out.  All my older mindees and my eldest daughter have just started school last month and here they do half days until after the october holidays, so from 1215pm everyday I have rather a lot of little girls to keep amused!  The last few weeks that has been made very easy with trips to the park and lots of outdoor play but that definately wasn't going to work today so it was time to do some crafts.

I gave the girls a choice between junk modelling and making necklaces and being typical girls they voted for the later.  So, to start with they choose 3 colours of paint, pink, purple and orange which they used to paint dry pasta.


I gave each child a paper plate to put their pasta on to dry and once they had painted them all we went to have a play while we waited for them to dry.  Once they were all dry and after a bit of searching on my part I found some string for us to use to make the necklaces.  They all had a good attempt at doing threading them on by themselves, although the younger ones needed some help, very good for those fine motor skills and encouraging them to concentrate!


Once they had threaded all their pasta pieces on, we tied a knot and our necklaces were complete!


No comments:

Post a Comment